Terms and Conditions
We offer our customers two payment solutions:
- Off-line Payment to our bank account in South Africa. For security reasons we don’t ship before the remittance reached our bank account. Should you opt to pay via our bank please E-mail us and we will send you the relevant Banking information so we can process your order.
- Pay by Credit Card and some debit cards through PayPal or PayGate on our website . PayPal and PayGate are an authorized credit card processor for AFRICAN ROOTS ART and they deal with all our credit card /PayPal orders on our website. This option is the easiest and quickest and your credit card information is 100% safe on our website.
PayPal accept the following card payments
PIN debit cards with the Visa or Master-card logo
Debit cards with the Visa or Master-card logo
PayPal account holders or guest customer
PayGate accept the following card payments
NB: We do not accept checks/cheques or money orders due to fraud issues and payment can only be made by with the options above. There are a few very important statements about your orders that we would like to make:
There are a few very important statements about your orders that we would like to make
- Any information about you as a customer of African Roots Arts will be used ONLY for the purpose of the order, e.g. shipping, handling, delivery etc. None of the data issued will be used for any other purpose by African Roots Arts or any other third party with the prior permission of African Roots Arts.
- All data regarding your credit card ARE NOT known by African Roots Art Your credit card information is not held or stored by us and is kept by the auditing bank only for processing of your order.. When your payment transaction is successful PayPal or PayGate. informs African Roots art to further process and dispatch the order.
- Card transactions will be acquired for African Roots arts via PayGate (Pty) Ltd or PayPal (PTY) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. DPO PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
- African Roots Art takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support, dispute resolution anddelivery of goods.
- This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and African Roots Art chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature.
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency with PayGate Payment option:
African Roots Art website is based in US$ currency however the merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the card holder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
Shipping of items over to your destination usually takes about 2 weeks but in some rare case this may take up to 4 weeks. Animal products can take a little bit longer as permits need to be gathered before sending the parcel out and getting the permits may take a little while. We are confident that most products will be with their respective destinations within 14 days of the order being processed.
Some items we do ship by sea-freight due to the size and weight and this does take allot longer. Depending on your country can take between 60-90 days.
To view shipping charges please go to our shipping pages to find out more.
Each country has its own duties, Tax and VAT charges when importing into their country and the amount that is duty free various from country to country. This fee will be calculated by customs andthen that charge will be payable before the items are released. In most cases for items on our website the import duties will fall under the allowed threshold so will not incur any extra costs, however we do advise client to check out the costing with your local customs should you be buying items of a high value.
Wherever we can we will try and get the items into your country duty and VAT free
Return Policy/Damaged Item:
Once an order have been received by a customer , should the parcel that you ordered be damaged , you may request for a replacement of that order to be resent to you. However for this to occur we need to have the original parcel sent back to us or a photo of the proof of the damage so that we can claim insurance on a damaged parcel . All parcels are insured and once the broken parcel or photo is received by us we will then get in contact with our insurance people to pay out for that item.
We do need all damaged claims to be reported to us within 5 days of receiving the damaged parcel. If we do not received information of the damaged within that time we will not be able to refund you. Only once insurance has paid out for the damaged item can we then resent you a new item. All efforts will be made to get the parcel out to you without any damage and if in the case of a replacement we will try our best to deal with the problem as fast as we can. If you have placed an order on our secure server and we have not shipped the parcel yet, you can cancel the order and we will reimburse your credit card. However we will charge 9,5 % of the total amount as a processing fee. This will be reflected when we reimburse your credit card.